I want to be a calm, happy, intelligent woman who writes. I want to feel good about myself and my life. I want to be happy with my vocation, happy with my hobbies, and happy with my choices. And I want to be healthy and motivated, able to do anything and everything I set my mind to.
And I want to become that person, that ideal, by the age of 30.
Here's a more detailed, vivid picture of who I want to be by the time I'm 30:
- A published writer.
- A healthy woman NOT on medication for diabetes, heart disease, etc.
- In a stable, enjoyable vocation.
- Taking regular classes in different subjects, just for the sake of learning.
- A seasoned traveler who's been to Africa, South America, India, and toured Europe.
- Living a green, self-sufficient lifestyle.
- Debt free.
I do not want to be any of these things when I'm 30 years old:
- Still working at Walmart.
- A procrastinator.
- A person with a list of nothing but unfinished projects.
- Still not green or self-sufficient.
- Knee deep in debt.
- Stuck in the same dead-end cycle of life.
It's a tall order to fill in just 7 years. But I can do it, if I just take it one day, one step, at a time. Because that's who I want to be someday.
And I will be her. That transformation has already begun. If I never give up, never give in to self-doubt or immediate gratification, then that person is who I will be.
That's why I'm doing this. That's why I'm here.
- Exercised, stretched, meditated, and worked on my writing twice today.
- Wrote in my journal and stayed on budget.
- Posted another post on my blog.
- Picked up in room, did laundry, and did a load of dishes.