Monday, May 27, 2013

Upgrade Ready





So I was at work today and I decided to splurge for the first time in a VERY long time on some beauty products. For some reason, I felt this need to experiment and play with a whole new look.

In other words, I bought a whole lot of new make-up.

That got me back to thinking about my life change again. I don't want a superficial change, like some new make-up to make me look better. I want a real change, like writing every day and running and eating healthier. The superficial can make everything look and maybe seem a little better, but it's just a trick.

It's like putting a new paint job on a broken down Pinto. You're still stuck on the side of the road wondering where all your money went.

I'm not returning the make-up, because I like a nice paint job, thank you very much. But I can't stop there. I need to get this life change back to the center of my life. No matter what is going wrong, this change has been an extraordinary source of strength for me, and I'm not ready to lose that.

And I like where I was going when my engine was running.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly I think that you shouldn't have any issue with the make-up products that you got Kyla. You still want to make yourself feel pretty and change things about and you more than deserve a treat. Sometimes you're too hard on yourself but then as I type that I realise if you were even harder on yourself you'd get more done and hence be happier with yourself. I think you're doing brilliantly, that's the only thing I know here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. You're probably right. I should be easier on myself, because I am not a bad person, nor am I doing anything truly "wrong". But if I were harder on myself, I WOULD be successful. And that's something I crave, for multiple reasons.

      But thank you so much for your kind support. You're awesome!

      Delete