Sunday, April 28, 2013

What's Wrong?


I may be a good writer now. But I'm not great. And I desperately need to be great. I believe my key to greatness is criticism.

If I want to grow, I'm going to have to ruthlessly work on the things I'm bad at. I've been tackling the consistency problem I've had, but it's time to identify other weaknesses in my writing and start targeting those behaviors, too. Only by identifying them and working through them can I hope to get better.

I know I can do it. For once in my life, I finally view criticism as a good thing, instead of a self-esteem bashing. I have to use it to grow, instead of viewing it as some kind of proof that I'm not good enough as I am. That's my path to greatness.

So, if any of you readers out there can identify where I need improvement, I'd dearly appreciate it. I'd also appreciate it if you know of any sites where I can join and have my work critiqued by other writers. I'd like to start working on my writing in full force now.

I'm going to need YOUR help to do it.

Daily Stats:

 

  1. Exercised, stretched, meditated, and worked on my writing twice today.
  2. Wrote in my journal, stayed on budget, did not write a poem today.
  3. Posted on my blog.
  4. Made my bed.
  5. Stayed on my diet.
  6. Cooked my lunch and breakfast and dinner.
  7. Drew.

1 comment:

  1. I'm terrible with criticism. Both in giving and receiving it. There are people who don't take it well and I hate upsetting them. I also don't take it perfectly well, although I am improving. The story behind my book is that I actually had a teeny tiny breakdown when someone criticised it and that's why it took so long to get released. It took me ages to get over that and get around to making the edits.

    I don't really know any sites where you can get your work critiqued but they are out there. Google will likely be your friend here.

    ReplyDelete