Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Road Once Travelled


What kind of achievements have you accomplished in the past?

I was reading today in This Year I Will... (another great book) that creating a list of achievements that you have succeeded at in the past helps you see what strengths and skills you have to bring to the change you wish to make now. And it sounds pretty smart, so I thought I'd make a small list of my own, and encourage all of you to do the same.

  1. I have finished the first draft of my first book in the series.
  2. I have finished the outlines of the first 10 books in the series.
  3. I have said no to drugs and smoking.
  4. I have worked in retail despite my social anxiety.
  5. I have performed in 2 plays.
  6. I have controlled my anger to an extreme degree my entire life.
All of those accomplishments were done by me. Not someone else. Me. And they took strength, courage, passion, love, and determination. They took self-control, coping mechanisms, adaptation, willingness to see all sides of a story, and positive thinking.

And those are all things I can turn towards my new life change to help make it happen.

What have you done, and what are the skills that it took to accomplish that? Can those skills help you on your current problem?

Hope you find this as interesting as I did!

Daily Stats:

 

  1. Exercised, stretched, meditated, and worked on my writing twice today.
  2. Wrote in my journal, stayed on budget, and wrote a poem today.
  3. Posted on my blog.
  4. Made my bed.
  5. Did NOT stay on my diet today.
  6. Cooked breakfast.
  7. Drew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment