Monday, April 8, 2013

To Change or Not To Change


I'm so sorry for the poor quality of the video, but I can't afford a camera, and for my many mistakes. I hope I get better as I do this more.

Oh, and please excuse my general dishabille. It's been a long day.

For those of you who do NOT wish to watch the video, here's a quick overview of it:

This blog post is to address the fact that there are some things in life we should change about ourselves, i.e. the things we don't like, and then there are things we shouldn't change at all. And since I've spent so many of my blog posts discussing what I don't like about myself, I thought it'd be a nice change of pace to list the positive things I find in myself.

And today was a great example of that.

I went out with a friend today. She recently was injured at work, her head being smashed between two objects. Because of that, she lost her memory. That's right, I know someone with amnesia.


In a single swoop, this girl lost everything she had ever known. The very idea sends a chill down my spine. I can only imagine how much she's suffering right now.

When someone at work was bad-mouthing my friend the other day, I surprised myself by speaking up for her despite the fact that it meant confronting someone. I don't do confrontation, but in the case of defending my friend, I did it, anyway.

And that surprised me.

But not as much as my actions today surprised me. When a car was coming toward my friend while we were crossing the street today, I instinctively stepped in front of the car, blocking her from harm. And I angrily stared down the driver of the vehicle, daring them to try to get through me to hurt her.

Life had hurt this girl enough as it was. Enough was enough. If someone had to be hurt in that moment, it was going to be me. She was not going to have to suffer something else on top of all she's already going through.

That amazed me. I never thought of myself as the type of person who stands up for justice or righteousness. But I did it. Right then. When the moment came, I did it.

And I'm awe-struck by that fact.

Do you, too, have something about yourself that you actually like and find positive? If so, list it in the comments below and tell us all about it.

Two Announcements:

1.) I will be integrating my diet change and cooking healthier alternatives into my schedule beginning Thursday, April 11th.
2.) I will begin jogging 3 days a week from now on, eventually moving myself to a 5 days a week regimen.

Thank you so much for listening if you did, and for taking the time to read this, even if you didn't listen. Have a good one and don't forget to get out there and do something!

Daily Stats:


  1. Exercised, stretched, meditated, and worked on my writing twice today. Jogging day #1.
  2. Wrote in my journal, kept on budget, and wrote a poem today.
  3. Posted on my blog. Video blog post of week DONE.
  4. Made my bed and cleaned my car out.

No comments:

Post a Comment