Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Debt Of Happiness


I've been listening to my friends lately. A lot of them are having a lot of problems in life. What drives me crazy is how they complain about it, do nothing, and just make themselves more miserable in the complaining.

Now, I like to talk. So, I talk about my problems, too. I talk about my good days, I talk about my bad days, and I talk about the incredible days, whether those be incredibly bad or incredibly good. I especially talk about the things that make good stories. I complain, too. Boy, do I complain. But I laugh as I complain, find the humor and then do something. And I ALWAYS stay determined to be happy, regardless of what life throws at me.

I have moments where I can't find a way to make myself be happy, but they never last long. I perk back up, and I fight another day.

You see, a long time ago, I learned something. The world is not going to make me happy. Life is not going to make me happy. People are not going to make me happy. Any happiness I ever find in those things, will be short-lived and inter-spaced with so much pain, I might even forget it ever existed.

But I can make MYSELF happy, no matter what.

In the end, it's each and every one of us' job to ensure our own happiness. The world does not owe us that happiness. Life does not owe us happiness. Other people do not owe us happiness. It's nice if those things see fit to give it to us, but it certainly isn't owed. The only person meant to make you happy, is you.

If you can find an opportunity to be happy in every difficulty, you'll always be happy. And there is always an opportunity. You just have to look.

4 comments:

  1. That is so true. We are masters of our own destiny, and if we choose to be happy then we must pursue it ourselves. Find what makes you happy, and hold on to it for as long as you can, or go back to it when times are tough. It's very hard to break a pattern of negative, defeated behavior. I should know, I'm currently stuck in one. Maybe I should take your advice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like complaining about my problems because I know it doesn't change anything. I can either solve the problem or just not do anything and if I'm not doing anything, I have no reason or right to complain. When I do talk about my bad problems I do try and add some wit and sarcasm to it which does help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Kyla. I'm with you in that when you finally feel like you can talk about anything that's when things can get better, I wish I would take your advice more often. You can make yourself happy for sure, it's you who has the power to do that, it's just doing it that's sometimes the hard thing, something I can relate to as well, hope things are good Kyla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog....

    http://learn-4-future.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete